Community Groups receive $84,636 funding boost
Successful Toowoomba North community groups have received a funding boost under Round 91 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund.
- Highfields and District Junior Rugby League Club Inc. - $8,500 – purchase scoreboard
- Lifeline Darling Downs and South West Queensland Limited - $12,115 – purchase solar system
- Queensland Murray-Darling Committee Inc. - $2,362 – purchase scientific equipment
- Salability Darling Downs Inc. - $35,000 – install accessible toilet facility
- Toowoomba Basketball Association Inc. - $11,659 – purchase various equipment
- Toowoomba Senior Citizens’ Welfare Association Inc. - $15,000 – upgrade facility
Hardworking community organisations in the Toowoomba North Electorate are set for a funding boost as they receive their share of funding in the latest round of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund grant program.
These grants are a financial injection many groups cannot afford to miss out on and allows the many dedicated volunteers to focus on continuing their good work by providing better facilities and equipment.
You can’t put a price on what these grants mean for the people involved, the communities they serve and the difference it will make to the lives of everyday people.
For more information on the grants, please visit www.olgr.qld.gov.auand click on ‘Grants’