Toowoomba North groups secure $242,717.23 funding boost
Successful organisations’ under Round 94 within the Toowoomba North Electorate are:
- Acts Care Limited - $32,900
- Football South West Queensland Inc - $35,000
- Goolburri Aboriginal Health Advancement Company Limited - $34,999
- Linq Support Limited - $23,750
- Stroke Recovery Trial Fund Ltd - $3,229
- Toowoomba BMX Club Inc - $33,517
- Toowoomba City Bowls Club Inc - $16,171.63
- Toowoomba First Aid Volunteers Inc - $34,650.60
- Toowoomba Model Railway Club Inc - $28,500
Hardworking community organisations in the Toowoomba North Electorate are set for a funding boost as they receive their share of funding in the latest round of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund Round 94 grant program.
This welcome funding boost is delivered four times a year to hundreds of charities and not-for profit groups throughout Queensland through the Gambling Community Benefit Fund to ensure they can continue their invaluable work within their community.
Member for Toowoomba North, Trevor Watts said the grants were a financial injection many groups could not afford to miss out on and allowed dedicated volunteers to focus on continuing their good work or providing better facilities and equipment.
Mr Watts said the quarterly grants allowed profits from gambling to be invested back into grassroots services and facilities that benefited people from all walks of life in the Toowoomba North community.
“You can’t put a price on what these grants mean for the people involved, the communities they serve and the difference it will make to the lives of everyday people,” he said.
For more information on the grants, please visit www.olgr.qld.gov.au and click on ‘Grants’