Assisting You

Delivering Results

I am here to not only represent the Toowoomba North community, but also to assist you, alongside my team, with matters relating to Queensland government departments.

I can also assist with making the appropriate referral to a particular level of Government or Member of Parliament. The below table is a handy guide for constituents on who is best placed to assist you with your concerns.

State Government is responsible for:

The Federal Government is responsible for:

Garth Hamilton, your Federal Member for Groom, can advocate directly for you of Federal Government areas of responsibility.

View his profile here

The Toowoomba Regional Council is responsible for:

Additionally, I can help with the below. Click on the individual images to find out more. If you have difficulty finding what you require, or need to talk to someone, please contact my office and I will be happy to assist.

Constituent Services

Applying for a grant

If your community group or not-for-profit association needs financial assistance to upgrade your facilities, purchase equipment, host an event, etc, then you may be eligible to apply for a grant. Grants are available through many avenues, including the following (list current 1 August 2022):

Queensland Government:

Other funding sources include:


Various private sector organisations also provide community grant opportunities. Trevor is happy to assist community groups when applying for a grant by providing a letter of support. Support letters can be requested by emailing the Toowoomba North Electorate Office with information about your group, the intended project, and the grant.

If you have any questions in relation to grants or how Trevor can support your club, group or association, please contact my office

Congratulatory messages

Celebrating milestones and achievements of the Toowoomba North community is important to Trevor. If you know someone who lives within the electorate, you are able to request, via the office, the following birthday or anniversary letters. You can request a letter from the Premier of Queensland, Prime Minister of Australia, Governor-General or Her Majesty The Queen to mark the occasion.


90th birthday letters can be requested from:

  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Premier of Queensland.

100th, 105th and 110th birthday letters can be requested from:

  • Her Majesty The Queen
  • Governor-General of Australia
  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Governor of Queensland
  • Premier of Queensland.


50 (Golden) anniversary letters can be requested from:

  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Premier of Queensland
  • Governor of Queensland.

60, 65, 70 (Diamond) anniversary letters can be requested from:

  • Her Majesty The Queen
  • Governor-General of Australia
  • Prime Minister of Australia
  • Governor of Queensland
  • Premier of Queensland.

Consideration may be given to requests for letters to mark other anniversaries or birthdays if there are special circumstances.


Request forms are available at my office. You will also need to provide a copy of a supporting document to verify the applicant’s date of birth or marriage:

  • birth or marriage certificate* (short extract or photocopy acceptable)
  • passport or citizenship papers (photocopy acceptable)

*If you do not have a marriage certificate, you can supply a statutory declaration to confirm that the date and place of marriage are correct. The statutory declaration should be signed by a member of the family and witnessed by a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations (form available at my office).


For birthdays:

  • 90 years—allow 3 weeks
  • 100, 105, 110 years—allow 4 weeks.

For anniversaries:

  • 50 (Golden)—allow 3 weeks
  • 60, 65, 70 (Diamond)—allow 4 weeks.


Please return your completed forms to my office and we will organise the rest for you.

Community Marquees

Are you needing a marquee for a special community event? My office has several marquees which are available for community group or sporting club to utilise when holding events. If you would like to borrow one of my marquees, please contact my office and book the marquee/s for the date you require. I have four, 3x3m marquees available for loan.

Once a year, I also sponsor marquees and gift them to community groups.  If you are interested in receiving a marquee, please contact my office for more information.

Electoral Enrolment

Are you on the Queensland electoral roll?

  • Have you recently changed your name?
  • Have you recently moved house?
  • Are you 17 or recently turned 18?

If you answered “yes” to one or more of the above, then you will need to complete a new electoral enrolment form.  

Information concerning changes to enrolment deadlines are available from the Australian Electoral Commission website (

To check your current enrolment details, visit the Queensland Electoral Commission.(


To enrol to vote, use the Australian Electoral Commission options below:

Alternatively, you can pick up a form at any Australia Post or AEC office location, complete it and then return it to the AEC by post or fax, in person, or online.


For more information on the electoral roll, how to vote and update your details, visit the ECQ website.

Queensland Flags

The Queensland Government provides complimentary Queensland flags to school and some non-for-profit groups. 

Please feel free to contact my office for more information.

Flying the Flag

For information on the appropriate use of the State of Queensland flag, including how and when to fly the flag at half-mast, see the State Government’s Flying the flag –The State of Queensland flag booklet.

Tours of Parliament House

Tours of Parliament House can be fun and informative, not just for school children but adults as well. BBQs and morning teas can be arranged too. If you wish to organise a tour, please contact the Toowoomba North Electorate Office. If I am in Parliament on the day you visit, I may be able to meet your group and make your visit even more informative. If you would like more information, please contact my office.

Justice of the Peace and Commissioner for Declaration

Applications for admission as a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner of Declarations require nomination by Trevor, as your State Member of Parliament.

Forms are available on the Queensland Government Apply to become a JP or Cdec | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government ( or as hard copies from my office. Once completed, your application will be forwarded to the Attorney-General’s office. Processing usually takes 4-6 weeks and my office will advise you periodically on your application’s progress. Further information can be found here, How to become a JP or Cdec | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government (

Community visits

Would you like me to attend a special event you’re holding? Is your school celebrating an occasion or are your students interested in learning more about the Parliamentary process?  If you would like arrange a time for me to visit, please contact my office as I love getting out and about in the community, time permitting. I look forward to hearing from you!